Pages

Rain...Rain...don't go away

Like most mornings, the whimpering cries from Cj's room find their way into ours and slowly but surely, disrupt my morning slumber.  An unexpected coolness invades the air, and I am a little more eager to start the day.  I slip out of the bed quietly so as to not wake J, and take a quick glance out of the window on my way over to get my little prince.  The gray skies and the rain-soaked drive are unexpected, but relieving in a certain kind of way.  I ecstatically retrieve Cj from his room and head down the stairs to start my morning coffee. I can't wait for us to sit by the window together and listen to the robust hammering of the rain & watch for the flickering lightning as its thunder rumbles and roars around us. 

:: sigh ::

I am powerfully drawn to the summer rain.  I love a good thunderstorm. It's just relaxing and engaging; it feels so refreshing, so invigorating and at the same time, it can be so awe-inspiring and mysterious.  The soothing downpour contrasts with the heat and humidity that our area has been subject to recently and right now, the whole house feels cool and clean it its wet embrace.

The low soothing growl, often transforming into a crackling clap or thunderous boom, plays with my emotions. At any moment, I could close my eyes and whole-heartedly welcome the sub-bass of a delicate rolling thunder rumbling through the clouds.  The lower bass can get so deep and it adds such great depth; it's a natural, three dimensional audio experience.  It adds a comfortable charm that makes me want to cuddle on the couch with my coffee in hand, a good book {or macbook} on my lap and just disappear.

So yes, the whole thing fascinates me...and not just me, apparently.  Right now, as it pours outside, Cj and Tj are busy watching and playing by the windows so that they won't miss a beat. I like that I can most certainly relate.  We all seem drawn to it in the same exact inexplicable {though I tried my very best to explain above} way.

It is an auditory exhibit that reminds me of how small I am, yet still very much part of a powerful, amazing, and awesome creation.