Pages

Pew…Pew, I got you!

Growing up, I wasn't really into 'girlie' things. I had a doll or two, and liked art and reading but I was more into climbing trees, chasing "the bad guys" with my brother or riding my bike down this steep, narrow path in the woods behind our house to show up the neighborhood kids at not falling off.

I usually fell. Okay, I always did.

Now, here I am, a mom of two toddler boys who are constantly jumping, running and chasing (usually me). Especially since Cj is really into superheroes, our days are now filled with capes and mayhem.  Tj just likes all the pew-pewing that goes on.  Honestly, it IS fun, but just for about two minutes.  Then I'm reminded of my once-upon-a-time rough and tumble childhood and am made very much aware that I grew out of that phase a long time ago.  I start looking for an inhaler that I do not own and start dreaming of a quiet hammock with a glass of wine and a good book to read.

To be honest though, I really do enjoy the time with them because there is something relational happening when I get to engage with them during active play. Its sweet, and organic and fun.  But at times I really just want to sit back and watch the two of them go at it. Also through all of this, I realized that I am much more interested in creating a scenario, whereas they are just caught up in the "I got you" part of it.

Oh, and the chasing…and the running…and the beating me down.

Wait, I already told you they like the "Gotcha" part.
Sigh.  Boys.

Well, it's good cardio, I'll tell you that much.


I foresee a super-hero filled summer.