Pages

Rain Therapy


Ahh…the sound of rain. Right now, the kids are asleep, the house is quiet, the sun has finally gone down for the night, and a sweet breeze is kissing my face.  The window is propped up and there are those oh so beautiful sounds streaming in: the whispering wind, the pitter patter of water droplets, the approaching cars sloshing through our road.

Sloshing. What a strange word.
I think I like saying it more than anything else. Sloshing.
Sloshhh.ing.


Okay it's out of my system. Just ignore all of that.

Sooo, yes I know I've mentioned before how much I adore the rain. Thunderstorms more specifically.  I find it to be almost therapeutic. Some of you know what I am talking about.

It can be a beautiful experience.

I know, I know, the rain can be a pain at times. It's not always fun to get through (J and I should know. We have lost more cars in the 'watch-for-flooding-spots' - where apparently we weren't, I guess, watching), it can be a bit inconvenient (especially if you just had your hair straightened. i'm serious.), uncomfortable (you try walking through wet grass in high heels) and chaotic at times (let's face it, no one seems to know how to drive in the rain).

But it offers something new. From bleak skies to beauty all around.
A clean slate. A fresh start.

An opportunity to grow.

Something about it reminds me that restoration doesn't just come without some pain or effort, even hurt. It can be miserable and uncomfortable and inconvenient and chaotic….but when we get through to the other side, sometimes we can look back and knowingly smile at the process. It's when we are in the midst of it, that it's hard.

It IS hard. It's okay to feel that.
To say that.

Not everything is easy peasy.

But then I like to be reminded of what redemption looks like and how beautiful it is when we realize where we are going and how the journey is a big part of us getting there.








like my blog? take a minute and click to vote for me!